In keeping with the Rio Olympics inspired Brazil theme, we've put together a fabulous recipe that you can try at home!
1 butternut squash, peeled and diced
1 aubergine, chopped
1 red onion, roughly chopped
2 red peppers, diced
2 cloves of minced garlic
1 tbsp. minced ginger
1 medium onion
200ml coconut cream
3 tbsp. garam masala
1 red chilli, deseeded
1 can of diced tomatoes
1 400g, can chickpeas
4 tbsp. chopped fresh coriander
4 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Toss all the vegetables into a baking dish with 2 tbsps. of extra virgin olive oil and roast at 200C for 40 minutes.
- To make the sauce, in the meanwhile, put the garlic, ginger, onion, garam masala and chilli into a food processor to make a rough paste.
- Heat the remaining oil and fry the onion paste until the onions have softened. Add the tomatoes and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the coconut cream and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas to the sauce and heat through. After 2-3 minutes, add the vegetables, garnish with the chopped coriander and serve.
Why don't you try it and let us know how you like it!